Forums » Concours

McHale with an important piece of the puzzle

• 1260 messages
    5 août 2019 07:42:08 CEST
    Raleigh, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Lars Eller and Jiri Sekac both scored for the Montreal Canadiens in their 3-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday. Carey Price made 28 saves and Max Pacioretty added an empty-netter to secure the win, the Canadiens third straight and sixth in their last seven games. Jordan Staal, in his first game of the season, was credited with an assist on his brother Erics power-play goal early in the third period, but that was all Carolina mustered. The Hurricanes have scored more than two goals just once in the past 14 games and are 3-10-1 during that stretch. Cam Ward only made 16 saves and suffered his 14th loss of the season. Montreal had a goal waived off in the first period when it was ruled Brendan Gallagher made contact with Ward before the puck hit the back of the net. Sekac was sent off for tripping 4:30 into the second, but after the Hurricanes failed to capitalize, Sekac escaped the penalty box, stick-handled through the defense and threw a backhand on net that fooled Ward. Late in the second, Sergei Gonchar kept the puck in the Montreal zone, and Dale Weise fed Eller for a one-timer from the right circle. The goal, which came with 1:15 remaining in the period, was the 21,000th in Canadiens history. Eric Staal scored off a rebound at the 2:59 mark of the third, but Price was strong between the pipes the rest of the way. Game Notes Jordan Staal missed the first 35 games of the season after breaking his right fibula in a preseason game ... Jiri Tlusty also played in his first game since Dec. 11 and assisted on Carolinas only goal ... Eric Staal was appearing in his 800th career game ... This was the second game of five straight on the road for Montreal ... The Canadiens have won four straight over the Hurricanes and are 7-0-1 in the last eight meetings. Oshane Ximines Giants Jersey. Goodell said in an ESPN Radio interview Monday (http://es.pn/1gkbauy ) that participants played harder and made the game very competitive. Goodell says he had fun watching the game Sunday and thinks fans did, too. Harry Carson Jersey.The Hanwha Eagles said the team was impressed with Morgans contact ability and base-running skills.The 34-year-old debuted with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2007 and hit . http://www.authenticnygiantspro.com/Harry-carson-giants-jersey/.C. -- Carter Ashton had a pair of goals and added an assist as the Toronto Marlies downed the Charlotte Checkers 5-2 on Saturday in the American Hockey League. Odell Beckham Jr Youth Jersey. Kevin Durant certainly played like there was on Sunday night, scoring 36 points and grabbing 10 rebounds as the Thunder made quick work of the visiting Pacers with a 118-94 win. Phil Simms Jersey. Bowditch, the 30-year-old Australian seeking his first PGA Tour title, shot a 4-under 68 to reach 12 under at TPC San Antonio. Matt Kuchar and Andrew Loupe were tied for second. Kuchar shot 65, and Loupe had a 70.FIVE QUICK NBA THOUGHTS: 1. NBA FINALS PREDICTION - Spurs in 7: A major percentage of folks are rooting for the Spurs - so am I - yet, I feel that when its all said and done, both of these teams are pretty even when you compare/contrast their strengths and weaknesses. I do think the Spurs have a preparation edge, having had to play the tougher competition all season on a more nightly basis in both the regular season and playoffs in the Western Conference, and it helps that theyve gone through the fire on a more consistent basis. The Heat have the better "Big 3" from a talent perspective and the best player on the planet in LeBron James. Tony Parkers health status concerns me for San Antonio. So many variables that you can toss around and argue over, which Ive done, but Im just going to go with my gut here and take the Spurs. Last years series was terrific and I hope and think that this one will be even better. Enjoy! 2. RANDY WITTMAN (Wizards): A job well done in getting his team to the second round and figuring out how to win which led to a well deserved contract extension. This team was always a bit of a tease the past few years, yet Wittman pushed them to the next level and got nice buy in from them on how the game should be played. Now, they have to try and keep Marcin Gortat and Trevor Ariza who are both free agents. Regardless, I think the future is bright and on solid ground due to the leadership of Wittman. 3. CHANDLER PARSONS (Rockets): Houston has apparently declined to pick up the option on his contract. I love this guys game and hes still really improving. Parsons shoots it and plays with great energy and awareness. Hell be a restricted free agent and it will be interesting if they can make a run at another big free agent to team with Dwight Howard and James Harden and then try to match Parsonss offer sheet that hell surely get in the open market.dddddddddddd Hes a guy that I consider a glue guy who you can win with and has lots of value because he backs it up with production as well. Its going to be a delicate situation to navigate for GM Daryl Morey and coach Kevin McHale with an important piece of the puzzle. Im quite curious to see how it unfolds. 4. JEFF BOWER (Pistons): Stan Van Gundy hired him as his GM and I really like this hire. Ive known Jeff for over 25 years and hes a good basketball man. Hes paid his dues as a NCAA Div. 1 assistant and head coach and has spent a great deal of time in the NBA with the Charlotte Hornets, as well as their move to New Orleans, as their assistant and head coach, scout, assistant GM and finally GM. He knows all the ins and outs of the business and is someone that Van Gundy can trust to handle the front office responsibilities for him. Van Gundy will have final say on all basketball matters, but you need someone to look after lots of details while youre busy coaching. This really makes sense to me. 5. LaMARCUS ALDRIDGE (Blazers): Aldridge was named to All-NBA Third Team today, but I really feel he should be on Second Team ahead of Kevin Love at the power forward spot. I strongly believe that winning should and does matter. You could argue that Aldridge has a little better supporting cast in Portland, yet when I give the eye test, I see Aldridge perform consistently at a high level against all competition and I see Love as a guy who gets nice numbers within the structure of the game, but Im still just a bit skeptical about what he brings to the table in terms of competitive production in the major moments of the game. I think Aldridge is a Second teamer and Love is a Third. Just my opinion, but winning has to mean something. Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

Inviter_ln_max_title

Inviter_ln_max_descr